Bring these ooey gooey chocolaty brownies to a potluck to let your colleagues test them out. The tasters will be flabbergasted to find out that they boast black beans as their main ingredient and that they manage to disguise half of an avocado.
The real champion ingredient in these brownies is the black beans. Because they are starchy, they replace the need for flour, resulting in a higher protein and fibre content. And surprisingly, they add an incredible moistness that you won’t find in a flour-based brownie. The ingredient is avocado, providing heart healthy omega-3 fats, and also adding moistness. Chia seeds pack a punch of omega-3 fats, cancer-fighting antioxidants and fibre, as well as a very subtle crunch.
Try to be patient, resist and eat these brownies cold, after they’ve been in the fridge. They will last for up to 5 days in the fridge and 3 months individually wrapped in the freezer.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Ready to make a change? Join our FREE 30 days no sugar challenge! Save yourself from eating up to 7 POUNDS of sugar! Click here to join!
• 1 can (19 oz/540 ml) black beans, drained and rinsed
• 3 eggs
• 1 tbsp avocado oil or grape seed oil
• 1/2 avocado
• 1 tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 cup liquid honey
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 2 tbsp chia seeds
• 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips or chunks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Place all ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a food processor and puree until smooth.
3. Pour batter into a greased 9-inch square metal baking pan and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips. Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Download our FREE recipe booklet.