Try this frittata recipe loaded with fresh vegetables to step up your brunch game!
For optimal health, aim for two servings (1 cup) of fruits or vegetables from EACH colour group (eg. green, red, white, yellow, purple) daily, for a total of 10 servings every day. One serving is about ½ cup of chopped fruit or vegetables, or one whole small fruit such as an apple or a peach. Because fruits are higher in naturally occurring sugars, focus more on vegetables than fruits eg. 6-7 servings of vegetables and up to 3-4 servings of fruit.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 leek, white and pale green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 cups small broccoli or cauliflower florets
- ½ cup diced zucchini
- ½ cup diced sweet pepper
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup diced ham
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 3 dashes hot sauce (optional)
- ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper
Looking for more healthy recipes? Download our FREE Medisys recipe booklet created by our registered dietitians.
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
- Heat cast-iron or nonstick ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat. Add oil and swirl to coat. Add leek, broccoli, zucchini and red pepper. Cover and cook for 6 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender, stir occasionally.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, cheese, ham, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Add to skillet and distribute evenly to cover vegetables with egg mixture. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until eggs are set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.