Inspired by David Eyre’s pancake from the New York Times Cookbook, Jessica’s version of the Dutch Baby is gluten-free and high-protein. The use of grass-fed butter also increases the content of omega-3 fats and vitamin K2.
• 2 large free-range eggs
• 1/2 cup gluten-free flour
• 1/2 cup lactose-free 2% milk
• Pinch of nutmeg
• Pinch of cinnamon
• 2 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter
• Dark chocolate and sliced fruit as a topping (optional)
Communicate instantly with a healthcare professional to get healthy diet advice with Medisys On-Demand.
1. Heat oven to 425° F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk two eggs. Add 1/2 cup gluten-free flour, 1/2 cup lactose-free 2% milk, a pinch of nutmeg and a pinch of cinnamon and mix.
3. Melt 2 tbsp unsalted grass-fed butter in a 8-inch cast iron skillet with a heatproof handle.
4. When the pan is very hot, pour in the batter.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until the pancake is golden brown.
6. Dust with powdered sugar and return briefly to the oven.
7. Serve with fresh berries or sliced stone fruit, or drizzle with dark chocolate and serve with bananas and strawberries as a topping.
Looking for more healthy recipes? Click here to download our Recipe Booklet.