This cozy, bright, and nourishing “golden temple” soup is loaded with anti-inflammatory
ingredients like turmeric, cauliflower and cashews. While super creamy — without any cream — you also get great texture from the crispy chickpea topping. So delicious!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into chunks or florets
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 11/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 6-7 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Optional garnish: squeeze of fresh lemon, parsley, cilantro
CHICKPEA TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 1 can (19oz, 540mL) chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin, to taste
- Smoked paprika, to taste
- Salt, to taste
For the Soup:
1. Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
2. Add 4 cups of water, salt and pepper. Simmer until softened.
3. Using an immersion blender or high powered blender, blend the soup to a smooth and creamy consistency.
4. Add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out.
For the Chickpea Topping:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Drain and rinse chickpeas. Spread them on a baking sheet. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika and salt (or any other spice combination you want).
3. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
1. Drizzle soup with a squeeze of lemon and top with spiced chickpeas and parsley or cilantro
2. Serve with a simple mixed green or arugula salad and crusty bread for a complete meal!
Per serving, includes soup + spiced chickpeas
- Calories: 370 kcal
- Protein: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.2 g
- Fat: 16.6 g
- Sugar: 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6 g
- Fibre: 13.2 g
- Sodium: 662.3 mg